Did you notice when some people or pages leave a status / post on Facebook , they have their own custom ‘posted via..’ printed together at the bottom of the status. This custom status usually will show where the status was posted from and seems to be fixed according to the device they logged in.
- Go to Facebook Developer page and click on the Apps button.
- Click Create New App button
- Insert App Name and click Continue. You can leave the ‘App Namespace’ and ‘Web Hosting’ as we don’t need them here. The App Name is the name that will appear in your ‘posted via…’ status.
- Complete the security check box and click Submit
- Now in the next page, you will see more details to fill up. Since we are going to do something simple, you don’t have to customize much, just the edit icon and the image to have a more personalized custom status. Add your App Domain and enter your Site URL. Then click Save Changes.
- To the important step, that is to copy the ‘App ID’.
A Custom Status To Facebook
- To share the post to your own Facebook Wall, you can simply copy the URM below, replace the ‘<APP_ID>’ with your own App ID and redirect_uri with your URL that you have just created and open it in a new browser/tab.
- https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?app_id=<APP_ID>&redirect_uri=YOUR URL.
- Be sure to change the domain included in the last part of the URL to your own domain as stated in the Facebook Application form.
- When you open it in a new tab/browser, you will see a custom dialog box with your custom ‘posted via’ stated. Enter your message and click Share. Notice that in this example ‘via rsubhatech’ appears at the bottom of the status box
- After you share it on your wall, your friends will see as below, and when they click on the ‘posted via..’ link, it will bring them to the URL you specified in the Facebook Application page earlier.
- Now you can place the URL link provided above in your Facebook or even on your website or blog so your friends or fans can use it too